To give you an idea of the growth in online shopping here in the US, let’s look at Amazon’s sales since 1995, their first full year. Sales were all of $511,000. In 12015, they were over $107,000,000,000. From thousands to billions, are over 200,000 times greater.
If you have a product or service you can sell online, without someone having to come by your physical location, it is absolutely something you should be pursuing. Where your brick and mortar location is only open for a given set of ours on given days during the year, your online store is always open.
This is not at all true with E-Commerce. A business can display all of their products, not a limited number. A few of the positive benefits from this is that visitors get to see all products or services a business has to offer and no funds are tied up in inventory. And they can buy at any time, as your online store is always open.
-Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon.com
- Scalability – You can increase your scope and reach at very little extra cost, compared to opening satellite business locations. Depending on what you sell, your market could literally be worldwide!
- Open 24×7 – Your online store, unlike your brick and mortar store, never closes. If someone want to buy at 2:00 AM, you’re open for business.
- Customer Recognition – When a visitor purchases from you, and becomes a customer, they can be added to your database and you have a record of all sales they make and the type of sales and interests they have. (Think of how Amazon and others know what you buy and make meaningful recommendations when you visit their site.)
- More Time – You actually have more time to devote to expanding and growing your business. Have a new product or service? It can be quickly and easily added to your store and you can notify previous buyers of new items now available on your store.
- Building Community – Linking to your business’s social media can build a community of clients who interact with one another and can help drive more business your way. Key to this is great customer service.
Whether it is selling software, music, books, clothing, furniture, boats, cars, airplanes – even islands – pretty much anything can be sold online. And the cost of setting up your online store is minimal, compared to just a decade ago. You can easily take credit card payments online, offer discounts and so much more. If you have a product or service, you should really explore adding E-Commerce to your website.
Get in touch with us!